Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Monday, October 18, 2010

I Heart Faces: Week 42 {Orchard}



My husband and I got lost in a corn maze this weekend and I snapped this photo at the top of a bridge in the middle of the maze. There's a huge pecan orchard right behind him.

I think my eye is drawn to more of the sepia/vintage look of photos these days. At least that's what it looks like to me. 


(p.s. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of the dog hair from his shirt using PSE?)  

7 thoughts:

Liese4 said...

We got lost in our maze too. You can use retouch feature if you use Picasa to get rid of dog hair. I'm betting other programs have a retouch tool too.

Miraz said...

If the shirt is black, try using the levels feature in PSE / Gimp and the black color picker tool to set it black. Then you can use a soft paintbrush and paint over any of the other white hair that might still be left over.

Unknown said...

I see the vintage color :) Love it! Very autumn coloring...

Z'sTheDay said...

this has a sweet melancholy feel to it, beautiful warm sunlight, very nice entry Jess :-))

tiarastantrums said...

what a stunning photo - LOVE the background!

Ashley Sisk said...

Great shot - use your healing tool to get rid of the hair on his shirt.

Lorie V. said...

I love the warm tones in this photo.... it's terrific. As far as the dog hair goes, I don't have elements but I think elements has a clone stamp too... right? I just edited a client whose shirt was covered with horse hair and I used the clone tool. I magnified it quite a bit and used a really small diameter (I think it was 17 or smaller) and just started cloning away. I keep my source really close to the destination and it took a little while (about 15 minutes) but it worked. Voila horse hair gone and you can't tell I cloned it. If you want me to send you a before and after pic I can.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!