Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt


I had fun with this week's list, but it definitely made me stretch my creativity a little bit. I have a question for those of you using Blogger: Do your photos lose some of their luster when you import them on here? Mine look different when I upload them than they do in PSE or on my desktop. Am I doing something wrong?

Side Lighting
To be honest, I wasn't sure what "side lighting" really entailed, and even now I'm not sure that I really got it. But this was my interpretation of side lighting.
The story of where I took this photo is even more touching. A Marine was killed in Afghanistan last week and his body was flown to our base to be with his family. There was a motorcade for more than 10 miles with the community lining the road. It was incredibly touching. I took this photo while I waited for his body and family to pass by.
 
Jack o'lantern
My husband and I perused an arts and crafts festival, which is where I saw this happy guy waiting to be purchased...by someone else.
Faces Formed in Nature
This one stumped me and I had no idea what I was going to capture, but then I had an idea of making a face out of nature. Two pine cones for the eyes, several acorns for the nose and twigs for the mouth! 
Sunset
This is SOOC outside of a peach orchard in Georgia. I'd like to process it a little, but I'm not sure what to do to it. Besides, I kinda like it in its raw form.
Warm 
I did a very bad thing and made homemade Apple Pie Cupcakes yesterday. My house smelled like warm apple pie and the sweet scent of cupcakes all afternoon. It was what I imagine Heaven smells like.
 

14 thoughts:

Sonia said...

I love your sunset picture and your warm picture! Those cupcakes are making my mouth water!! I'm glad you decided to participate again this week!

xoxo <33

Ashley Sisk said...

Your first picture is so touching...and those cupcakes look delicious. As to your question. I don't use blogger to upload my photos (you'll eventually run out of room anyways) - I use flickr. You might consider making the move to retain the clarity in your photos even though I don't notice a difference but then again...I don't know what the original looked like. Have a great week.

carlotta cisternas said...

Your warm shot looks so yummy! And you're right, we did have the same idea for faces formed in nature! Great minds think alike, right? You did a better job than I did with the face ;)

Wendy said...

Not only does your warm shot look cozy, it looks delicious! Fun job with the face in nature!

Gina said...

love them! The faces formed in nature is great...

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

I seriously can't stop looking at the last photo! The 1st one is GREAT as well :)

Tara said...

your warm pic looks yummy!

Unknown said...

are you sharing the apple pie cupcake recipe.. I would love to try it..
eatmywords40@yahoo.com

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Faces in nature was a hard one, I really like yours though.

Ashley said...

These are gorgeous!! I really like them all.

I use blogger to upload and have totally noticed that my pics lose something. Weird!

Johanna S said...

Like them all - but the cupcakes - Yummy ! I will try and follow your recipe - hope mine will look as gorgeous as yours =)

Mrs. Fine said...

Not to jump the bandwagon but those cupcakes looks very warm and delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :-)

lila Braga said...

Very good work for an amateur photographer..keep on clicking girl!
hugs
lila

oz said...

Oh my, those look delicious!! Wonderful images :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!