Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

I really love these scavenger hunts, because even though my shots may not be that great—*cough* "night" picture *cough*—it's making me focus on taking a picture of something specific. So not only am I practicing taking pictures, but I can practice editing different things, too! 


The 5 Senses
I had a really hard time figuring out what I was going to do for this one. In the end, I realized the only sense I need help with is my sense of sight, so this is a self portrait of my left eye with my glasses on. If I ever take a shot like this again I'll make sure my glasses are clean first..

Child/Children
My husband and I participated in the Susan G. Koman Race for a Cure yesterday and I saw this little girl being carried by her mom, a breast cancer survivor. It was a sight to see, for sure. (On a technical side note, I did some pretty fun editing with this, all with the clone stamp. I took out a whole bunch of telephone wires and a couple people. I think I did a pretty decent job and had so much fun seeing the difference!)

Dining(October 2010 item) 
Dining out at Chili's. I ordered the chicken fajitas. YUM.

Night
I hate this picture. But it's a scavenger hunt, not a "great picture" hunt.

Sky
I pulled this one out from my archives. It's only about two weeks old, though. We visited a lighthouse on Tybee Island, Georgia and I just loved the blue sky surrounding the lighthouse. It was gorgeous.

    7 thoughts:

    Betty Jo said...

    All are super shots, but I'm toally in love with that lighthouse and beautiful blue sky!

    Anonymous said...

    That lighthouse is wonderful, love the colors.

    Susan said...

    I agree with you on the hunt, I’ve had a lot of fun taking and editing shots for these challenges. Your fajita shot made me hungry, and I like the pretty light house too!

    Ashley Sisk said...

    I think you did a great job and your night shot is pretty interesting looking. Night shots are tough but we're supposed to be challenged...right? I really love your 5 senses shot. Very cool.

    Christy said...

    I LOVE your child picture! I did that walk in b-ham a few weeks ago and all the survivor shirts were just amazing. so touching!

    Renegades said...

    I love light houses. Neat picture. I also thnk yor night shot is interesting.

    Charlene said...

    I love lighthouses…this is such a great shot especially with the cloudless blue sky as a backdrop.

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for the love!