Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

Well, what do ya know; I actually got my act together and took these throughout the week instead of scrambling around on Saturday! I had a lot of fun with these. 



1. Self-Portrait
Well, this is me! I altered this photo using tricks I'm using in Kim Klassen's e-class. Despite starting with a blown out photo, I really like the way it turned out.


2. Handmade 
I made a lemon meringue pie—from scratch—for my husband's birthday. It's the perfect combination of a zesty lemon and a sweet pie.

3. Orange 
I came home one day and noticed a tree in the backyard illuminated by the sun. It was an absolutely gorgeous shade of burnt orange, and when the leaves danced with the wind it made it look like the whole tree was on fire. It was just gorgeous. This is SOOC.


4. Candle
Wow. Capturing a candle flame is hard! I took so many photos and this was the one I liked the most. I liked that the candle was off center and that the flame peeked above the rim of the glass.

5. Traffic Signals or Signs
I created a few versions of this photo, but in the end I went with a basic, almost SOOC version. I just touched it up by enhancing the red a little bit and adding some contrast to bring out the texture on the sign. I really like the trees reflection peeking through.


23 thoughts:

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Those are great especially the flicker in the candle I forgot how close I was getting my lens to the candle when I was taking my shot. Lemon meringue is my all time favourite yours looks ever so yummy.

Michelle said...

I LOVE that stop sign! It really pops! And your self portrait is lovely :) I'm trying to do Kim's e-class too but am having trouble finding the time!

SZM said...

Orange is amazing. And I am in love with your header!

jillconyers said...

Great perspective with the stop sign.

gengen said...

Beautiful shots! Happy SOOC Sunday.

Jan n Jer said...

Those are great photos.

Anonymous said...

All great shots!! Orange is beautiful and that stop sign is amazing!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

oooh I love the orange photo so much!

SarahinSC said...

I LOVE lemon meringue pie! It's so refreshing!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Love you and the stop sign!

Anonymous said...

I really love your orange and your handmade photos. Great job. I almost took that same exact stop sign photo.

Jan said...

Good photo choices for your scavenger hunt. Thanks for joining in SOOC Sunday, too.

Unknown said...

Love your handmade and orange, great photos!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oh I love the candle shot. And the stop sign... cool how you can see the reflection of the trees in it!

Tara said...

These are so great, love your candle and handmade..looks so yummy

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great! I love your candle, your stop sign and your selfie! I can't wait to see how you'll photograph next week's list!

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

That SOOC shot is awesome! And that pie looks sooo good.

Siobhan said...

All great shots...yummm the handmade looks so delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I really like how you captured the reflection on the stop sign. This photo is one of the most interesting sign shots I've seen so far.

Amy said...

I love those orange leaves- how beautiful!

hannah m said...

Lovely selfie! Such a beautiful smile:)

Unknown said...

Hi Jess : ) You are very pretty.

MPE by Irela said...

Lovely shot! Sweet smile.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!