Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fixing it Friday

Since I'm pretty gung-ho about learning and practicing with photoshop these days, I've been looking forward to I Heart Faces' Fix-it Fridays. But as of 9:30 am, their photo to fix still isn't up. Luckily, Ashley with Ramblings and Photos found another link-up dealing with fixing photos! I seriously love the collection of photo challenges Ashley has on her blog, thank you!

The Trendy Treehouse
So here's my version of Trendy Treehouse's photo. 
The original: 

Cute picture and I LOVE the water!

My first edit:
I wish I knew what I did to this photo, but I just play with it until it looks right to me. I lightened up the whole thing and then boosted and sharpened the image. That's pretty much it.


My second, "fun" edit:
I'm taking Kim Klassen's e-course for PSE and I'm LOVING it so far. This is basically what we learned to do yesterday. I gave my original edit a "slight light" layer and then a "screen" layer. Then I added a navy blue solid adjustment layer and ran "exclusion." Then I changed the opacity to make the water less yellow and more blue. I really like the retro look this picture has now!  

Which is your favorite?

4 thoughts:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great edit - and I love your fun edit - how neat. Yeah, I didn't even check I heart Faces this morning, but I found that Trendy Treehouse will post their challenge in advance which is AWESOME!

FYH said...

I love your retro look...great edits!

Tara said...

WOW! I love the retro look you did. So glad you found our new link party through Ashley! Thanks Ashley for sharing!!! We are sharing new pics every week to edit and share on fridays. So keep a look out in our announcements for the next weeks photo!!! Thanks so much for coming by. I love your edit!!!

Tara said...

PS... I am going to check out this class your taking. I have been wanting to learn more myself. Taking a class sounds fun. Thanks for the link!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!