Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Card Challenge

I originally wasn't going to enter this challenge, because I didn't have a photo. But then, little elves made their way to my home and transformed my puppy into a glorified reindog—what are the odds?!


This is one of the very first pictures pictures I took on my brand new Nikon d3100. To say I'm excited about this camera is a huge understatement; I can't wait to start shooting more. Since this is a brand new toy, I played it safe and took the photo on auto (flash off) and then added a soft light layer, screen layer, sold color in navy blue with an exclusion filter, and then I lowered the opacity (I'm really hooked on this soft retro look). After the editing was finished, I added some fun little extras...er...I mean, some elves worked their magic! 

The Paper Mama
Click the button above for more fun holiday photos!

7 thoughts:

Ashley Sisk said...

Awwww....so cute.

Sailor Bride said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the look of this picture- very old school holiday!

Jenny Marlowe Marvin said...

SO fun! He looks SO calm sitting there :) My dog would have been a nut with the ears on her!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

A new camera! Yay! Have fun!

This photo is so cute! I'm so happy you entered it! I LOVE the red nose!

Sonia said...

So cute! What kind of dog is she?

Christineellen said...

Ha, I need to do that to my cats!

Natalie said...

i loveeee this.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!