Shutterbug Jess
{a photography blog}
Shutter1

Welcome

jess b_wHello! As some of you know, my husband and I are moving to Italy in September (woohoo!!!). You can now find me posting over at Jessica Lynn Writes, please follow me there!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

I'm leaving Georgia for a vacation to New Mexico today and I'm anxious to take photos while I'm home. Here are this week's scavenger hunt items: 








1. Winter
If you saw what the original photo looked like, you'd be very impressed with what I did. I know I'm proud of this! The original was badly lit, with horrible shadows and the colors just weren't meshing well. But I played around with Elements until I got it to look decent, and then I added my bokeh to give it that wintery touch. It's not really winter in Georgia yet, so this is the best I could do.
Photography love...

2. BW with Selective Coloring
I'm usually not a fan of selective color, because I think it makes photos look cheap and very 80s-like, so I tried to give this some character before taking the color out. I ran PW's seventy's action and then her heartland action. I thought it was too bright, so I brought the brightness down and found the opacity shade I liked for the flag.

3. The Wind
It just so happened that we had three very windy days in a row. Saved me the problem of figuring out how to capture the wind!

4. Framed
This is a frame I bought for my husband. We have a corny inside joke dealing with rulers, so the second I saw this I knew I had to buy it for him. He's had it for over a year, though, and hasn't filled it yet. Oh, the differences between men and women.

5. Remember When
Yes, that would be me during a circa 2006 Christmas party. It makes me smile whenever I see it. 

 Happy holidays.

25 thoughts:

Brooke Ashley said...

I must say I (for real) LOL'd when I read your capture about selective coloring ;) and I love your wind capture! I think it's creative!!!

Have TONS of fun back home!! I cannot wait to see pictures!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all great and I'm not a fan of selective color either so I think you kept it really classy. Very creative with your wind shot and your remember when picture makes me giggle.

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

I love your selective coloring, U R A-dorable, and I've got to get me one of those frames!! Have a great week :D

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

These are great captures. I love the DOF in your ruler shot and that little ornament looks so good with your edit.

Amber said...

I love the BW with selective coloring. Great job!!! And what a cool frame. I would love to have that hanging in my home. It has lots of character, especially with an engineer husband and a little boy in the house.

Great idea for WIND!!

Charlene said...

What a clever way to capture the wind! lol

Becca said...

Your photos are great, I love the B&W, great idea, and the framed looks nice too. Merry Christmas, your Remember when photo makes me smile!

Barbara said...

Great images, really like that framed shot, and the wind is very creative.

Sonia said...

Great winter!

jillconyers said...

Love your winter and what a great idea for wind. I'm not a fan of selective color either.

Sheri said...

Love the frame! And I'm with you on selective coloring. I actually hardly even tried with mine.

Summer said...

Your shots are all really great. Love the self portrait though.

Pam Bowers said...

I love the Black and white. You did a good job with the selective color. I love inside jokes. So much fun!

SarahinSC said...

Great remember when shot! Looks like fun! Your first shot is really great. Now I want to see what it looked like before though. :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

those were all so great.

Michelle said...

I really like that frame! and your first shot looks great too :)

Unknown said...

All your photos look great.. your winter shot is too cute. and your last photo made me smile. Hope you are having a happy day!

~Linda

Natalie said...

Your windy shot was VERY creative, don't know if I would've ever thought of that! And that first shot is very very beautiful! Love it!

Seizing My Day said...

Love the black and white... I don't like adding color to b&w either... ;) but anyway... it turned out nice! and I love that cool frame!

Buckeroomama said...

Beautiful "framed" shot! I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos :) They are wonderful ! I'm glad I stopped by :) I'm your newest follower !

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Gorgeous!!! I love them all!

Unknown said...

Hi! This was my first challenge so I'm new to your blog. I actually just purchased this same template a few days ago, and have been working on getting my photography blog up and running. It was kind of funny to come across someone else with the same template, although your background is different and cute! Love your shots... and the term "shutterbug!" Cute! :)

Michelle R said...

I love your winter one - it looks very classic!

Great idea for wind! How convenient!

I love the ruler frame! What a cool gift... although I wouldn't be sure what exactly to put in it either!

Jenny Marlowe Marvin said...

Such cute pics! I hope NM is treating you well and although I hope you can make it to the wedding, I hope MORE that Kenny can come home! You're in my prayers Chica!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!